Melanie Salvatore August
- Certified at the 500-hour level
- Certified ISHTA yoga teacher, birthing coach, CTA-yoga-based life coach
- Leads 200 and 300-hour teacher trainings at YogaWorks
- Founder of FK Fierce Kindness, a nonprofit movement of non-violence and yoga anti-bullying for adults and kids.
- Author of Kitchen Yoga; Simple Home Practices to Transform Mind, Body and Life
Our perception is our reality. I began practicing yoga about 20 years ago to shift out of destructive thought patterns and to heal from anxiety and feelings of powerlessness. Through yoga I have changed my perception of my life and transformed it in every way. It takes courage and power to stop negative thoughts/habits and to unconditionally love yourself. Global consciousness healing starts at home with our own self-love and then moves out in service to others.
I use and teach asana, pranayama, meditation, mantra/affirmation, visualization and guided svadhyaya/self-study to create a pause in the Thought-Emotion-Action cycle and empower myself and my students to transform lives from what is conditioned to what is authentically our ideal. Now is the time to live your ideal life, are you ready? With Fierce Kindness, Tantra and the well-aligned flow of the YogaWorks Method, I awaken students to the ever-present light in and around them that ignites them to live their best life.
Find out more at melaniesalvatoreaugust.com